Friday, January 6, 2012

2 HOURS, 2 DOZEN FISH

Home in Port Charlotte
High of 72

Happy New Year, bloggers!  I had a wonderful Christmas and New Year with my wife, kids and grandkids.
This past week it was back on the road for work.  I found myself in Virginia Beach and Fredericksburg, VA.  I awoke Wednesday morning to 19 degrees.  At home, my wife was experiencing a cold front in South Florida of 26 degrees.  Thankfully it only lasted a couple of days and today we got back up into paradise weather.

After finishing my work reports I joined by buddy and neighbor Subaru Jim on his boat for a couple of hours of fishing Charlotte Harbor.  It was non-stop action for two hours.  We landed more than two dozen trout, redfish and ladyfish, just outside of my canal channel.  Although non of the trout/reds were keeper size, we had a blast catching and releasing.

Saturday we are going to spend all day searching for keeper.  We're forecast for a high of 75 degrees.

No comments: