Saturday, November 15, 2014

Fishing on vacation week

Friday I Launched at 6:15 and searched for trout all morning, in vain. Okay, I caught one little baby off of the jug creek shoals but searched all around there and even ventured up way east of Useppa in the pine Island Sound. Nada. That rig we built last night was pretty cool and I used it all day. It did snag and tangle on itself a few times but I believe it will catch trout. 

Spent the afternoon in Placida Harbor and it paid it off with a couple of really nice Pompanooooooo.
Caught excessive numbers of Jacks and Blues as well, but at least we were catching fish. 



Beautiful weather and light chop in the ICW. 

Went back out today for a late day, spontaneous, solo short trip. Left my house at 4:15 PM, launched the boat at Placida Park ramp at 4:35.  Had a big bluefish on the line at 4:45. Followed that with 3 jacks but I wanted Pompano. Wasn't to be today. The wind was whipping on the incoming tide but my iPilot held the virtual anchor in place. Love that thing.   I pulled up at 5:50 and headed for the ramp. Was on the trailer at 6 and home by 6:20.  Wife had chicken fajitas ready to eat at 6:30.  Not a bad consolation prize. After dinner, flushed the Merc and put everything away.  

Football tomorrow, working in Rockville, MD next week. Thanksgiving week will head for Key West via the KW Express. 

No comments: