Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fast Forward to Feb, 2006


Mike's boat, Paparina, is slipped at Lake Pleasant, north of Phoenix. It was a 15 minute drive back to my house in Tramonto. Upon greeting my wife, she asked, "So how was it?" With obvious exuberation I must have orgasmically said, 'Oh it was NICE.' "There ain't no (blankin) way we're gettin' a boat", she said. What did I say? I said it was nice. But she accurately said how well she knows me. That's what led to us getting a Harley a few years back (which strangely enough, we bought from my brother Mike).


In April, 2006 Kathy accompanied me on a 4 hour cruise on Paparina. Her life's experience with boating was limited to day cruisers, runabouts and speed boats. It's fun for a few hours but by then end, you are sun burned, wind beaten and not work a crap. Paparina featured a closed cabin with air conditioning, a fully galley, flat screen TVs and sleeping for 6. On the way home from the lake, it was Kathy who asked, "How much you think we could get one of those for?"

No comments: