Saturday, July 19, 2008

Twin Peeks

After 5 weeks it was time for Stephy and Billy to head back to Phoenix, but when I brought them to the airport I picked up a surprise to bring home to Kathy. Kathy's daughter Heather and twin grandsons, Dylan and Devin, flew in from Phoenix for a 5 day stay. Kathy knew a surprise was coming, but she never expected this. I had the arrival planned out this way: I would drive around the block so she wouldn't see the truck pass in front of the house. I had the boys ring the doorbell and Kathy opened up her present, much to her delight. The only problem was Kathy DID hear my truck pull up and she peeked through the blinds and saw Heather and the twins. It was still a pleasant surprise.

Wednesday we had a huge rain front move in from the Gulf. After it dumped 5 inches in one day, (Phoenix gets 7 inches all year), it moved quickly northeast across Florida. It is now the third named storm of the season, Tropical Storm Christobal. There is zero threat to South Florida, as it is well north of Georgia now and continuing a northly track.

Thursday Kathy, Heather and the boys went to Gasparilla Island for a day at the beach on the Gulf. A great time was had by all. Late in the day Thursday, my Friday schedule changed and suddenly required my presence in the Keys. Oh darn! That's a huge inconvenience. The only thing to do was take the family with me.



No comments: