Wednesday, June 2, 2010

BOAT'S BACK....BABY!

On the road, Boynton Beach, FL
89, humid, passing thunderstorms
.
As I had hoped for, I found the time and the knowhow to fix our boat. Using my own tools, the manuals I bought, and a days worth of patience I installed the new power steering arm, ram and valve. The work was done last Saturday as the boat sat on the lift and I enjoyed the comfortable shade provided by the lift cover.
.
The tides over Memorial weekend didn't provide opportune departure and return times so I opted to wait still one more week to go fishing. I spent Sunday detailing, scrubbing and cleaning many weeks worth of dirt and Florida mold. I got some nice help from my friend and visiting neighbor Larry. He is another one of the brothers of next door neighbor Kathleen (Rolando's wife). She and her brothers are terrific people. It is clear they come from a great family.  I am planning on spending a day with one of the other brothers, Tom, when I work in Michigan later this month.
.
In other maintenance news, I replaced one boat battery (3 years old) and recharged the other one (13 mos old).
.
As readers may have noticed, I have been absent from these pages again recently. My work schedule has been nothing short of brutal. I logged well over 8,000 air miles in May. June looks to be near as bad but not quite. I am planning on ceasing the habit of flying on Saturdays and Sundays. I just can't take the 7 day a week schedule anymore.
.
The 2010 Hurricane Season is underway. I will track and report on storm development throughout the season so stay tuned for what is forecast to be an active season. The first name of the year will be Alex.
.
Finally, Kathy and I are the proud grandparents of our 5th grandchild and first granddaughter.  Ann Marie Parker was born to Kathy's oldest son, Chad, and his wife Tiffany in Georgia on June 1.  Baby weighed in at 6 pounds, 12 ounces and was so healthy she has already gone home.  Kathy is planning a road trip this summer to go up and meet the little bundle of joy in person.  Welcome to the world, Ann Marie!

No comments: