Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ROLE REVERSAL

Southwest Florida International Airport (Ft. Myers)
80*

Last week I flew 2,200 miles and drove 1,000.  Traveling from home to Pittsburg, then driving across PA, NJ, NY, CT (where I encountered a tornado) and finally into MA.  It was a week of doing safety evaluations at 7 golf courses.  I returned home on Saturday afternoon.  On Monday morning Kathy departed for a 2 day drive to Atlanta to meet our newest grandchild, Ann Marie, and see her son Chad and wife Tiffany.

Kathy left me a detailed list of what to do at home and before leaving home on my next trip.  Monday and Tuesday were a bit of a role reversal, with her on the road and sleeping in a hotel while I stayed at home.  It was a little weird, I must say.

Today I am departing to Detroit to work three more golf courses.  I will spend the weekend with a friend on his boat on Lake St. Claire, Michigan, the smallest of the Great Lakes.  Our next door neighbor, Kathy, has three brothers who live in Michigan.  We have met 2 of the 3 and became quick friends with them during their stays in Port Charlotte.  I will spend Thursday night with Larry & Sue at their home near Highland and then Friday and Saturday nights with Tom, sleeping aboard his boat at the marina and cruising the lake during the day on Saturday.  The weather is forecast to be beautiful with lows in the upper 50s and highs in the upper 70s.  Yeah, I brought a jacket.

We have our first hurricane of the Atlantic Hurricane season.  Alex is presently a category 1 hurricane and is set to make landfall in northern Mexico/ southern Texas.  The storm will have no impact on our area of Southwest Florida.  There is presently no other tropical activity being tracked in the Atlantic.

I will return home on Sunday, only to depart for California on Tuesday.

No comments: