Saturday, January 12, 2013

FIRST TRIP OF 2013

I bought a parking pass from Charlotte County for $53.50 that gives me unlimited parking for 2013 at the County's many boat ramps and the beaches of Port Charlotte and Englewood. That's a much better deal than paying 75 cents an hour.

I hauled the boat out of the canal and onto the trailer for an off shore trip, out of Gasparilla Park.
Using the trailer will save me about 20 gallons of fuel vs traveling from my backyard canal boat lift. The reason is because of the Cape Haze Peninsula. I either have to boat around it or drive my truck across it. I have previously posted on this subject.

Today I will be joined by my New England buddy, Joe, on my boat. Subaru Jim is back from PA and he will be with his neighbor, Jerry, on Jerry's boat. Our friend Al completes the fleet with 3 on his boat. We will burn more fuel but have much more room on deck of each boat and will cover three times of the reef area when looking for the fish. Should be a great time. Check back for the story and photos later tomorrow.

No comments: