Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stephanie & Billy visit South Florida








On June 10th Stephanie and Billy touched down at Tampa International Airport and I met them at the gate. The look on Billy's face told the story of how happy we all were to be together. We made the drive across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and the kids were amazed at the sights.

On Thursday Stephanie went to work with me and sat in my class while I presented First Aid/CPR/AED in Longboat Key. She was a great student and scored the highest on the written tests! She will now get her cards from the American Red Cross and have a nice item to add to her resume.

Saturday we went to the beach at Boca Grande and Gasparilla Island State Park. It was a beautiful day, with plenty of sunshine and a high of 88. The water was warm and clear and Kathy shot these pictures of the fun. Billy and I caught a few Whiting and later cleaned and ate them. Every one had a taste of the fresh catch.

We got home just in time before the evening thunderstorms arrived. We have had rain everyday this week. It's been great for the plants and grass. I haven't missed hand watering a bit!

No comments: