Wednesday, October 28, 2009

PUERTO RICO, DAY 2 - MUCHO TRABAJO

San Juan, PR
low of 80, high of 88
occassional brief showers

Today was work, work, work. I wasn't even allowed to bring my camera into the Pharmacutical Manufacturing plant where our company is doing the landscape now. The only photo I took was at 6AM, outside of my hotel balcony, of the beach in the morning light. As luck would have it, I'm on the 10th floor and my camera is in the trunk of the rental car.

After work I joined 4 colleagues and one of our clients for a traditional Puerto Rican dinner in the town of Juncos. The restaurant building is 78 years old. I enjoyed fresh caught mahi mahi, generously stuffed with lobster and crab. I can't tell you what the side dishes were but they were good. We drank Puerto Rican beer and even toasted our new business relationship with some completely illegal (for the restuarant to sell) Puerto Rican moonshine. They call it Pitorro.

For me, the most enjoyable part of the day was the many compliments I received, from both my colleagues and our new client, for my Spanish language instruction. Somewhere out there, my freshman year high school Spanish teacher should be proud. Gracias, Senora Cordova. Gracias Senora.

I have a 4AM wakeup call so I will close this and hit the sack at 10:30PM. Hasta manana.

No comments: