Tuesday, November 24, 2009

CAPTAIN HOOKED

Click on any image for full screen


Kimber took the wheel and held helm for 84 miles


Stephanie watches our wake


Captain Kimber did so good she got to wear the official Messing About Captain's Hat


Daddy and daughter



Daddy and other daughter, Stephanie


Returning home at sundown, Kimber hit wide open throddle


She enjoyed the wind in her hair


The next day; Bill and Kimber hit the beach


Casting off


Kimber LOVES Florida


Bill hooks up


First catch of the day


The lady fish is known as the "poor man's Tarpon" because of the fast fight they put up, similar to the Silver Kings but on a much smaller scale


After photos, Bill revives the little lady to live for another catch, another day


FISH ON, AGAIN!


Fish running left, fish running right, peeling off line in a hell of a fight

Now if I can only get this hook out, I'll let you go too


Be careful, Dad....


Son of a _______ ! I'm hooked! (click picture to enlarge)


Off we go to the Peace River Memorial Hospital
.
Home in Port Charlotte
High of 81, Low of 69, gorgeous day on the beach
.
When does a perfect day at the beach end in a trip to the Emergency Room?
When the fish you caught goes into a full panic as you try to remove a treble hook and you end up with the barb buried in your thumb.
.
So this Doctor walks into the treatment room and says, "Dude, that's a great lure...I have that one." So do I, I said...in my thumb!
.
He was very nice and quite skilled, having to do this procedure on a weekly basis here. Before I left the hospital I had 6 holes in me. A tetanus shot, 3 injections of lydocaine, the hook going in and the hook coming out. The real good news was he gave me some antibiotics which will fight off infection and finally get rid of my sinus infection!
.
As you can see from the pictures, Monday we had a wonderful day on the boat. The water was dead calm all day. I taught my daughter, Kimber, to drive and she never let up. She piloted the boat on an 84 miles journey up and down the Gulf Intercoastal. We stopped for lunch on Pine Island. The restuarant wasn't great but the company sure was. On the way home I dropped a couple of trolling lines off the back of the boat, had one big strike, which ended up a strike out.
.
You know what they say about me...when it comes to fishing, I'm all thumbs!

No comments: