Saturday, December 5, 2009

WHERE TO?






Home in Port Charlotte
High of 70, rain last 2 days
I travelled all of last week, departing home Monday and returning Friday. It's Saturday night and I leave again tomorrow at noon. The travel is really crazy now but I try to keep a positive outlook. Kathy has been very supportive. I have been very tired.
.
Above is our latest home project. I envisioned creating this "where to" sign from the moment we bought our home. I cut the arrows, Kathy stained the wood and we collaborated on the lettering and milage. It's quite befitting, actually, because some days I don't know where I going next. I do know that I would like to visit these other ports, as Captain of my own ship.
.
Kathy has already started her next project. We bought a very detailed concrete lighthouse, with a captain, a pelican, coconut trees, etc. At this stage it is plain concrete and she is painting in all the colors. Before and after photos will come when she is finished.
.
Last year we didn't put up a Christmas tree but we bought one after the holiday ended. This year we really enjoyed putting it up when my daughters were visiting for Thanksgiving. Today I put up our moving reindeer, complete with simulated water pond.
.
We're shopping for a canvas mooring cover for the boat. I had a local guy come give a bid for a custom fit, snap on cover, and it was for $1370. Really high, I thought. I priced out "semi-custom" covers online but they are designed to be trailer covers ($695) that strap down to your trailer frame (and not the best quality material either), not mooring covers to snap onto the boat like we had on our Sea Ray. I have priced out high quality Sunbrella fabrics and am contemplating going the DIY route, except having the fabric provider do the sewing while I do the measuring, marking and install all the hardware. So far it appears I can purchase everything for about $500. I'll keep thinking it over.
.
My thumb is still a little sore but getting better. My sinus infection is all cleared up.
.
My Dad is on his way to stay with us. He is driving his RV across the country for the second year in a row. Tonight he is in Texas. His estimated day of arrival is next Friday, the 11th. Something tells me he may spend more time at my house, this winter, than I will.

No comments: