Monday, December 21, 2009

THE LIONS IN WINTER


click on the picture for full screen

On the road, Boca Raton, FL
Hilton Garden Inn 53*
.
I made it out of Virginia last week, a few days before the blizzard hit the area. I was gone for 5 days, home for 2 and now I'm out again for 2 days. Tomorrow I am working in Delray Beach and should be able to head home until after Christmas.
.
My Cardinals won their 9th game of the season, beating the Detroit Lions, and winning the NFC West division again. They will start the NFL playoffs at home in a few weeks. I'm not sure how far they'll go but one thing is for sure. This is an even better team than the one I saw in Superbowl XLIII in Tampa last February.
.
I spent some time cleaning the boat last weekend but there's much more work to do. I will spend some of my holiday time waxing the hull to a shine. I also would like to launch the boat and do a little fishing. I haven't been on the water since before Thanksgiving.
.
There's been a nasty cold front that entered our area. Today's temps never got above 60 and I wore a coat all day outside. By Thursday we should see 80 again. I love Florida in the winter. Speaking of winter, today is the winter solstice. The days will now begin getting longer by a minute every few days. Summer will be back before we know it. Wow, time just flies by, doesn't it?
.
Above is a photo I shot in Newport News, Virginia in November.

No comments: