Friday, February 19, 2010

WARMTH AT LAST

San Juan, Puerto Rico
76* at 4am wake up

When I left Miami on Thursday morning at 6 it was only 50 degrees. My wife tells me there was a news story at home, in Charlotte County, FL, that we had recorded 30 days in a row with low temperatures in the 40's or less. It's no wonder when I stepped out of the San Juan, PR airport and was met with a rush of warm, humid, air, it was a welcome feeling. Travelling inland for work we would see 95* on the freeway.

I worked all day Thursday, returning to the hotel about 7PM. I was able to get in a great workout on the treadmill. I haven't spoke much, of late, regarding my workouts but I have been consistently walking since 2010 began.

For the last month I have been at 5 miles daily, 5-6 days a week. I went for a physical and had a good report on my blood pressure: 120/80. I have a hernia in my upper abdomen but the doctor said it's nothing to worry about. He suggested I avoid full situps (darn) but said I could do crunches if I wanted to work my core. I went to the blood lab and gave 6 viles. They're going to test that every which way just because I haven't had any blood work done in a while. This is a new doctor for me and I found him pleasant enough. There's an abnormality in the right side of my heart but it may have been there for years. He said he will compare the EKG I took in his office to one I took last year with another Dr. I have a follow up in 3 weeks. The good news is I feel great.

You might say I'm in a warm and happy place.

No comments: