Monday, December 20, 2010

CHRISTMAS WITH THE PARROT HEADS

Home in Port Charlotte
High of 67*

Last night we attended the Charlotte Harbor Parrot Head Club Christmas party.  There was a very good live band, great food/drink and about 250 people.  The party was held at Visani Restaurant in Port Charlotte.  We had never been there before but will certainly return.  Visani is also on the comedy club circuit.  Gallagher is playing there this week.  I didn't even know he was still touring.

We even got drawn for one of the raffle prizes.  We won two gift baskets with booze, music, a parrot head bathrobe and some party favors.  We would have rather won the 50/50 drawing, which split nearly $800, but we were thrilled to win the baskets.

My seawall repair project, phase II, also got underway yesterday.  I hired a laborer to help me and wow, was he a great worker?  Oh yeah.  In three and half hours, he moved 10 tons of rip rap from my front yard to the canal beach.  We spent a couple of more hours placing a 6' x 20' section of rock beneath our dock.  It was a great start.  My helper has to work during the week so I'm on my own again.  Most of the heavy lifting was done in staging the rock on the beach.  I will have the benefit of ultra low tides on Tuesday and Wednesday so I can work beneath the dock for a couple of hours each day.

No comments: