Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DELAYED, CANCELLED, RE-BOOKED, EXHAUSTED

66* at wake up in the Hampton Inn, JFK Int'l, NY.

My trip here was tough.  I arrived at the Fort Myers airport at 11:30 for a 1:10 departure.  We got delayed to 1:20, then 2:00, then 2:20.  They finally announced that the plane we were to use had broken a part of it's landing gear when it touched down in Ft. Myers.  By 4:30 they cancelled us outright.  I was able to grab the last seat on a 7:35 departure and I got to my hotel after 11:00.  Up at 5 AM.

Headed to a newly assigned golf course on Long Island to do a safety assessment of the grounds and staff.  Two conference calls today. Driving into East Hanover, NJ later tonight to assess a new construction site tomorrow. My body is sore as hell from working weekends at home and living this life up in the air.

No comments: