Monday, June 25, 2012

MORNING AFTER

Ready to drive to Miami and back
Low of 80, high of 81 (seriously)

Tropical Storm Debby provided lots of excitement around here yesterday, although areas North of me got it much worse than I.  Here in Port Charlotte we got 2.5 inches of rain, 5" since Friday.  Tampa got over 7" yesterday alone, with wide spread flooding.

I lost track of how many times the NOAA radio went off with tornado warnings.  The closest was in North Port, the town next door to PC.  There were damaging tornadoes in Naples, Arcadia, New Port Richie and a killer in Lake Placid.

Our canal experienced a storm surge of 2', as evidenced by the photo below.
However, most of the bad rain was done by 4PM and I was able to mow my grass by 7PM.

Our chance of rain today is 70%.  Charlotte and 14 other counties remain on a tornado watch, which is less severe than a warning.  Other than the storm surges continuing with the high tides, I believe the worst is past for us.

I have to drive round trip to Miami this morning, for a meeting, and then fly out of Ft. Myers to Baltimore tonight to start my work week.




No comments: