Wednesday, June 27, 2012

TRIAL OF THE CENTURY

Buffalo Wild Wings
Richmond, VA
High of 93

Tropical Storm Debby is no more.  She made her way across Florida, dumping 22" in one day in Central FL, continued drawing moisture from deep in the Caribbean, 900 miles away, flooding towns, spurning tornadoes and reeking havoc along her way.

At our house, the rain continued through today.  Our total for the past seven days exceeded 8 inches!  That's nearly equal to Phoenix's annual rainfall.  (our former home)

My poor bride, stuck at home, who usually loves every drop of rain that falls...was sick of it by yesterday.

Our dock was submerged from Saturday through today, when the tides finally fell.

I've worked Maryland and Virginia this week.  I was lucky enough to get a free upgrade of my rental car at the Baltimore airport on Monday night.  I reserved a standard class car, which is usually a Ford Fusion or a Toyota Camary.  What they gave me is pictured below.

Tomorrow, I head back home.  I have a week of jury duty.  I'm secretly hoping to be selected for the trial of the century and be in town for 6 months.

The 3' storm surge put the dock kids up to their necks in water.

2012 Chevy Camaro SS.  426 HP.  It's a beautiful ride.

No comments: