Friday, May 22, 2009

HOMEWARD BOUND

Greetings from BWI (Baltimore-Washington International Airport).

I flew into Dulles on Sunday and have spent the week working the great DC Metro area, finishing up today in Maryland. It's been a long week of traffic delays and sleepless nights but work went very well compared to the last trip. Last time I had to kick *** and take names, this time I got to kick back and give out compliments. Either way, there's a ton of reports to write next week but it's always better to leave folks smiling and looking forward to your next visit. For me coming here, that will be a week in July to teach First Aid/CPR. Until then I can't wait to taxi the runway.

I ran Monday (6.8), Wednesday (3.4) and wanted to double back and run last night but traffic on the Beltway took the life out of me. It took me well over 2 hours to travel 65 miles on the freeway. I don't know how people deal with this day in and day out. I would stab myself in the neck. Hahaha. Don't get me wrong, I lived in one of the largest cities in the US for 42 years but c'mon...I'm so done with concrete jungles. I couldn't live in one of these high rise apartments even for free. I couldn't ride crowded buses or subways or deal with bumper to bumper traffic day after day after day. Give me a ship anchored off a deserted island and a boatful of books about life on the sea and I'll....okay, who am I kidding. I also want my laptop and a satellite aircard so I can continue my blog. Back to reality:

My flight home tonight gets in at 10:05PM and I have a 90 minute drive south from Tampa to home so no promises on running Saturday. But, who knows. I have this 8 miler I want to do to from my house to my favorite bridge.

I wish you all a wonderful and relaxing holiday weekend. Get some rest. I know I will.

No comments: