Saturday, September 10, 2011

ONE FISH, TWO MEALS

Home in Port Charlotte
High of 90, humidity easing off each day

Last night I used one half of my catch to make baked, blackened Red Fish.  For blackened seasoning I used Zatarains Cajun spice, lemon pepper, coarse black pepper and Mrs. Dash.  I baked the fillets for 20 minutes at 350, halfway through adding a slice of butter and splash of lemon juice on each one.  For a side item I used Zatarains Dirty Rice, minus the ground beef option.  It was delicious.

Tonight my Dad sent over his recipe, borrowed from Rubios Restaurant.
I used the same spice mix from above, added to flour and beer to make my batter.
My wife pitched in a hand to help at the fryer, while I dipped the fillets.
We used the left over dirty rice to really fill those corn tortillas shells up, topped with a special yogurt based white sauce, garnished with cabbage and a splash of lime.

Photos of the finished product are below.  Click on photos for full screen image.





No comments: