Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Big Chill

Homestead/Miami Beach; 63 degrees and dropping

I awoke to 72 and it dropped from there. By 1:00 PM it was 63 and windy. Work today took me to the area known as South Beach. It is filled with posh highrise resorts and residential condos. The beach is gorgeous and there are skyscrapers and cranes everywhere you look. I bet when Trump built his towers right on the beach here, it angered those who lost their views.

We had to visit a customer inside of a 1931 hotel called the Essex House. It was old but it is sure nice now. The Operations Manager was a very nice man named Bob. He was just the kind of guy you would expect running a hotel for the rich and famous: smartly dressed, very polite and shall I say . . . . . . happy? I waiting for him to offer me an espresso, with a twist.

I saw some kind of Air Force plane with a large radar mounted on it. I'm not sure what it does, but it made for a cool picture.

The pictures below were taken at Trumps International Beach Resort and another hotel called Aqualina. Check out the nice turf in front of the beach and Atlantic. The landscape crews at these properties are very happy to work with these views. The take great pride in their work and it shows.

Tonight's temperature will drop into the upper 40's but it should warm up to 70 on Thursday and back to the 80's by Friday.

You can click on these pictures to blow them up.

No comments: