Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine Savings Time

Port Charlotte, FL; 51 degrees going to a high of 80

In my world, today is Valentines Day. I get to travel across the time zones to AZ to spend the weekend with my bride, so instead of a belated V-day, think of it as Valentines Savings Time. Since my last post, there hasn't been much to say. I've been working, mostly on the Gulf side. We've had more showings at the Phoenix house and still no offers. We are up to 22 showings in 115 days of the listing. That's an average of one showing every five days, over four months, and zero offers. We bought that house on 2/1/04 for 349k. We have no dropped the asking price to 365k and we have still to pay the realtors too. There's not much room left for negotiating before we hit negative equity. The listing with my realtor expires at the end of February. I could sell it myself then, knocking 20k off the price of the realty commission but what's the chance of finding a buyer without a broker of their own?

I emailed with John, the owner of Golliwobbler, and learned that he hasn't had any offers on her either. He's still asking 249k. I've been looking at waterfront real estate in Charlotte County Florida. You can get an 1800 sqft house, with a boat dock, screened in pool and jacuzzi, with direct access to the Gulf for $200k here. Boat prices seem to be falling too. I saw a beautiful '99 46' Maxum cruiser that was absolutely loaded with options for $197k. I wonder what that boat would actually sell for?

I'm flying out to Phoenix this afternoon. I'll have 4 days in Phoenix, 3 days in CA on business, followed by 3 more days in Phoenix. It will be nice to see my kids too!

No comments: