Saturday, February 28, 2009

BREAKING THE PLANE

Home in Port Charlotte
High of 80*

I woke up at 6 AM on Saturday morning to a nice cool 60 degree morning. By 7AM I was out watering the grass seeds, which are popping everywhere. At 9AM it was 72* as I set out on a run. I had run 3.4 last Monday, 5 on Wednesday and intended to do 7 miles today. I have just two weeks until the Bay to Bay 12k race in St. Petersburg and my confidence has been challenged lately. I kept a nice 5 MPH pace and ran every step of the 7 miles.

My weight loss has hit a bit of a plateau in the month of February. It was about 3 weeks ago that I hit 240.5. Since then I have fluctuated in the low 240s and back to 240 but never below. Finally, after today's 7 miler, I broke the plane and saw 239.5. LOCK IT IN! I'll take it. Remember, this started from 280.

More good news. Michelob Ultra now comes in flavors! There's Lime Cactus, Raspberry Pomegranate, and Tuscan Orange Grapefruit. Each is just 107 calories and less than 3 grams of carbs. I'll take it.

No comments: