Saturday, February 14, 2009

IT'S A "LOVELY" DAY

Home in Port Charlotte
61* at wake up, going to a high of 81

Happy Valentine's Day. It has been a busy week of work travel on the Gulf coast and report writing at home. Early in the week, after the weekend of rock moving, I didn't have any run in my legs for the first time in a long time. I managed to do 2 miles on Wednesday and 2.5 on Thursday but that was it. I had more rock and sand delivered on Monday and that load awaits my attention for this weekend. I need to get that project off my plate so I can get started planting the new grass seed in the yards. The warm temperatures this week have old grass and weeds trying to push up through the soil and we haven't even had any measurable rain in a month. If it does rain before I get my seed down, I'm going to have a lot more work created for me.

Last night Kathy and I went to a late dinner with Rolando and Kathy, who arrived for their twice a month weekend next door. We went to Barnacle Bills for the Friday night fish fry. It's such a bargain at ten dollars for a basket we share and can't even finish. Tonight, to celebrate Valentine's Day, the four of us will join some other part time neighbors, Ron and Carol from New York, and we will have dinner at the Palm Island Resort. We haven't been there but it sounds great. It's located on one of the many Gulf barrier islands in this region. The evening tides won't be right to take our boat, so we will drive about 30 minutes and take the ferry to the island.

No comments: