Saturday, February 7, 2009

HOME FROM THE ROAD; BACK ON THE STREET


Home in Port Charlotte
headed for a high of 76*

Thanks to all who clicked on for the first time to read my Super Bowl story. I had nearly 300 hits to the blog this week. If you are a new reader and would like to see more or if you missed the Super Bowl story, you can always use the blog archive, which is the drop down window located on the right hand side of the page just below the hit counter. At the bottom of each story, above the current weather conditions, are links to go to the previous story; the next story or home to the current story. The blog dates back to December, 2007 when I arrived in Florida. Enjoy.
I spent the past week travelling for work. I was on the Atlantic coast of Florida and visited Delray Beach, Deerfield Beach, Palm Beach Gardens (sushi at RA) and Stuart. We had record cold temperatures all over south Florida but I'm happy to say they are gone now. Above is the 7 day forecast, as of today, so hopefully winter is on its way out.

Last night I got back on the street and continued my running plan, as scheduled. I ran 7 miles last night, without walking. This gives me 20.4 miles this week and an even 91 miles for the new year. My running schedule gives me the weekend off to rest, however that just means rest from running.

Today I am going to pick up a ton or two of 6-12" rip rap (rock) to begin the erosion repair work on our beach. I will have to unload it out of my truck, load it into a wheel barrel, walk it back to the canal and place each piece to shore up the seawall. After placing all the rip rap I will have to load and shovel sand to rebuild the beach. This project became necessary after Hurricane Gustav eroded our shore line. It will take a few weekends to complete. I will take some pictures to share and post.

No comments: