Thursday, June 4, 2009

FAMILY TIME



Upper Matecumbe Key, Islamorada (FL Keys)
82* partly cloudy
After teaching a CPR refresher class and dealing with a few minor emergencies in DC and Florida, I headed back to the hotel and family. Billy and I did some fishing along the seawall. I landed a 12" ladyfish, which I successfully released. Billy spent most of his time being teased by a sheepshead that chased his lure everywhere but wouldn't bite the bullet.
We had dinner at Islamorada Fish Company and window shopped the Worldwide Sportsman (Bass Pro Shop). After letting dinner digest a bit, Billy and I hit the hot tub and then the swimming pool. In the 50 meter pool we did 3 sprint races and the old man in the sea took 2/3 from the kid from Arizona.
Yesterday Billy joined me for some of my afternoon workout. We walked a mile and ran a mile together and I followed that up with four more.
This evening Kathy and I spent some quiet time on a bench on the hotel dock; looking out at the Atlantic and generally relaxing. This has been a nice trip for all three of us. We head back home tomorrow.

No comments: