Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SEE YOU LATER, ALLIGATOR

CLICK ON PICS FOR FULL SCREEN VIEW






Hampton Inn, Islamorada
High of 88, nice evening sea breeze
Last night my son Billy arrived from Phoenix. I can't believe how tall he has gotten and how long his hair has grown. His voice is quite deep too. My youngest is quickly becoming a young man.
He and I fished the dock behind our house and I actually landed a fish. It was an Alligator Gar Fish; lots of nasty teeth and he was none too happy to be caught. Since they are federally protected fish, I was happy to give him a successful release back into my canal. I'm sorry I don't have a picture but you might want to google them. They are nasty looking fish.
This afternoon Kathy and Billy and I made the 4 hour drive to Islamorada in the Florida Keys. On the way down, as we crossed the Florida Everglades on US 41, we encountered a huge gang of gators hanging out on the roadside, near a Park Service station. We stopped for the above photos, then got on our way. Once in Islamorada, we got our usual room, 109, at the Hampton Inn. Tomorrow I will head to work in Homestead and Kathy and Billy will hang out on the beach.
Monday morning I ran a strong 5.1 miles. I will run again on Wednesday. I have a 5AM wakeup call.

No comments: