Thursday, December 4, 2008

OH DEERE ME!






4 AM in Port Charlotte

Departing for Palm Beach County
There's so much news to catch up on, I will just give the headlines before I go:

Kimber departed for AZ after a wonderful trip. The best part of her vacation, to me, was getting re-acquainted with her grandpa Ed, my dad. I anticipate she will begin visiting him in Northern AZ in the near future.

Dad departs for AZ tomorrow. He has also enjoyed his 2 month stay in Florida but it is time for him to get his "girls", the Pointer sisters, back to their one acre spread in the mountains and Dad is looking forward to his own bed.

Before leaving, Dad surprised me with an early Christmas present, which is pictured above. I was so shocked when I saw it in the driveway, they said I was shaking for several minutes. This will not only bring me loads of fun, ease my summer workload, and make the yard look great, but it will also allow Kathy to help do the lawns when I am on the road. Nothing runs like a Deere. Thank you, Dad! God bless you on your trip home and thanks for all the great memories this year.

My workout is going along as planned. I am in week 7 of the Couch to 5K running program. I am presently running 25 minutes a day, 3 days a week, covering about 2.5 miles. Hey, come to think of it...I'm starting to run like a Deere!

No comments: