Monday, December 29, 2008

KAT CAN DO

Home in PC
High of 79

Kathy made the decision to begin the Couch to 5K running plan! I told her that I would support her by doing the plan with her, as a supplement to my continuing workouts. We went out about 11 AM and started with a brisk 5 minute warm up walk. We then did 8 intervals of jogging for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds. We finished up with a 5 minute cool down walk for a total of 1.7 miles. GOOD JOB KAT! You can do it!

I then headed out and ran an additional 3.1 miles, with a .3 cool down, for a total daily distance of 5.1 miles. I'm off for the week, so it's a good time to get extra road work in. I have less than 3 weeks until the St. Pete Beach Classic.

After our workout, we went to get Florida plates for Kathy's car and to file for our Homestead Property Tax exemption. Florida has very reasonable property taxes on your primary, full time residence. Whatever your assessed value is, it gets reduced by $50k before taxes are assessed. Vacation and investment homes are not treated quite as favorably by the county tax collector.

Tides are favorable for a fishing trip this week. My fishing buddy Rolando and his wife Kathy are coming over for the new year, so hopefully us boys will be able to get out. I charted some hot spots on the Gulf, both near and far, that we will try out for Grouper.

Speaking of boating...we found a deal too good to pass up. West Marine had a AM/FM/CD/iPod stereo with 2 speakers, normally priced at $299, on sale for $99. It shipped today, so I'll have another project waiting for me to install it.

I got an email from a blog reader who is moving to Port Charlotte from New Jersey. They bought a home on a canal in my neighborhood. How cool is that?

No comments: