Monday, January 25, 2010

DIY PROJECT: NEW (used) FISHFINDER

Home in PC
64* and heavy showers at wakeup, clear and 72* by 8AM

I purchased a new (to me) used Raymarine fishfinder/depth sounder. I bought it off a guy's classified on a Florida fishing website. The digital technology with color screen is quite an upgrade from my old cheapy humminbird model.

Sunday I removed the old unit and, with the help of my neighbor Ronnie, drilled a new hole in the transom and ran the new transducer cable. Ronnie was a huge help in getting the new cable run through the gunwale chase and into the helm station. He also helped me troubleshoot some existing electrical wiring problems with my other electronics, which I will be fixing as time allows.

Kathy and I are driving to Key Largo today to begin my work week.

No comments: