Monday, January 18, 2010

RAISING THE ROOFS

Newly added: Boat lift cover

Our boatlift as it appeared when we bought the house.


The framework is rated to 145MPH winds winds (without canvas)



When the canvas is on, the wind rating is 70MPH


If hurricanes threaten, the company will send reps to remove the canvas (for a fee)



Once the threat passes, they will come back and repost it (for a reasonable fee)


Below are pictures of our "barn raising"

Dad consults and helps with ground labor


The 20+ year old metal roof was leaking into the shed



We went with 15/32 plywood and rolled roofing


One of Dad's jobs after Phx PD was working for Paul and Son's Roofing

77? He's still got it!
.
Home in Port Charlotte
Gorgeous weather, highs in the mid 70's; lows mid 60's
.
The cold snap is long behind us and normal temps prevail. Dad and I elected to take advantage of the warm weather and change out the roof on our shed. It has been leaking for too long. We used nearly 1/2 inch plywood, dry sheets and rolled roofing to replace the old metal roof. I learned a ton from my Dad, as usual.
.
The previous weekend we had a local vendor install a frame and canopy over our boatlift out back. It's 29' long and will provide years of protection to our little boat. After the install was done, I fired the boat up for the first time in a few weeks. She ran perfectly. I charged up both batteries on the trickle charger and checked all systems. Everything is a go except my schedule.
.
I will be on the road the rest of this week working from Homestead to Miami to Delray Beach.
I'll be attending the funeral of a passed colleague on Thursday. At 49 he lost a 15 month battle with pancreatic cancer. He was very popular with his men and will be sorely missed. God Bless Frank Ferraro. I'm glad I got to know you.

No comments: