Thursday, January 7, 2010

THE FREEZE OF 2010


Home in PC
Currently 45, has been 31 every morning this week!
.
This cold snap is unreal. The news says it's the longest a cold front has lingered in SWFL in 20 years. I feel like we got Phoenix's winter and they have ours. Give us back our warmth! I worked all week, close to home and got to sleep in my own bed. I get the weekend at home and then hit the road for the Atlantic coast of Florida next week.
.
Boat has been sitting, unloved, on the lift since early December. If the waves have been decent, the temperature hasn't. On the occasional warm day, we have 6 foot seas. This should all break soon. By next Tuesday we are supposed to be back to normal. This Saturday is forcast for blustery winds, rain and temps barely making the 40's. Shhheeeeeeesh. My grass has gone dormant and several plants have frost damage.
.
Monday we are having our boat lift covered with a 29' framed canvas. It can be easily removed for hurricanes. That will help keep the boat clean and dry.
.
I need a new fish finder. A guy has a good used one for sale in Miami and I am thinking about buying it. The one I have is cheap and mostly useless. My Garmin GPS unit still works good but it has a few horizontal lines showing across the display. I am going to call Garmin and ask if they can repair that.
.
Above is a picture we took of my Dad and his "girls" in our back yard.

No comments: