Monday, March 15, 2010

7-11 DIET

Home in PC
High of 72

I don't intend to turn this into my "diet blog" but there is some good news on that front.  And since I haven't boated or fished in weeks I may as well blog about what is going on with me.

I spent the past week working and trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat.  In a nutshell, I am consuming about one third of what I used to and I'm working out 6 days a week.  I counting every calorie, fat gram, cholesterol and sodium gram too.  I can't say I'll keep up the counting but the initial result cannot be disputed.  Monday-Sunday, in 7 days, I lost 11 pounds.  I don't pretend to this that pace will continue but if I can lose a pound or two a week I will easily make the Doctor happy in 11 weeks.  He wanted me to lose 20 pound in 3 months and I'm half way there in a week.  I walked 26 miles last week and started over with 5.1 today.

We bought a blood pressure machine and I am taking it morning and night.  So far, so good.  My morning readings have been around 111/70 and my evening readings averaging 118/71.  That's way better than the 143/91 I had in his office.

I haven't had any luck getting the power steering ram out of the boat yet.  I have tried but there seems to be a stuck pin that I can't gain the leverage to remove.  After that pin, there's two more bolts that need a midget to remove them.  I did manage to change my spark plugs and distributor cap.  I ran the boat for about 15 minutes to charge the batteries yesterday.

This week I'm working close to home and sleeping in my own bed every night.  Sunday I depart for Washington DC.

No comments: