Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game






On the road in Jupiter; 75 degrees at 6 AM


Tuesday after work I attended a spring training baseball game in Jupiter. The Florida Marlins took on the New York Mets. It was cool to see my old hero Luis Gonzalez, who hit the series winning hit in the 2001 world series between the Arizona Diamondbacks and NY Yankees. It's kind of sad to see Gonzo sitting on the bench instead of left field, where he belongs.


Today, Wednesday, I woke up from a lousy nights sleep and couldn't figure out why I booked my hotel so far away from the branch I am visiting today. It took me 30 minutes to drive to work, when I thought it should be less than 10. After talking to the branch safety officer in Jupiter, it turns out I have my days crossed. I had scheduled myself to be at Delray Beach, which would make geographic sense, but I showed up at Jupiter, where I should be on Thursday. DOH!


Oh well, I will simply see Delray Beach tomorrow, since I'm already at Jupiter. That also means a morning commutte because my hotel tonight is close to Jupiter. Get it??? Forget it. I'm tired and looking forward to Friday and heading back to the Gulf side.

No comments: