Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back on the run

On the road
Stuart, FL

The new music I uploaded to my mp3 player apparently did me some good. Half way through my 5 mile trek on the treadmill, I started running. I ran 1.2 miles of the 5. You may recall I started off this program with walking...got to where I could run...and after about 3 weeks, lost my will to run. I continued an aerobic walking pace and I'm definately getting into shape but the running is such a better workout. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I'm able to run it. The sweat just pours and pours off.

I got to the job yard this morning at 6:30 and attended a safety meeting. As the trucks rolled out of the yard, we stopped each one to inspect seat belts. Suddenly a vicous downpour came through, drenching my clothes. After about 10 minutes the rain stopped and a breeze of about 15 mph followed. What a beautiful morning.

No comments: