Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Everybody Loves Raymond....Except his insurance man

Home in PC
Low of 40 !!!!
High of 65

Workout update
I completed day 2 of week 2 of the C25K program. I was feeling a little extra energy today so I did the program two times over. My sciatic (sp?) nerve was really hurting when I got done but I think that's mostly due to the sudden cold weather. After I finished my extra tough workout, I was rewarded to a nice steak dinner that Dad made for Kathy and I.

I met a new neighbor today; Raymond. He and his wife are from North Carolina and have been here for 8 years. He told me how Hurricane Charley nearly destroyed his house in 2004. He had to sue his insurance company to get paid. They still haven't finished repairing the master bath. He said they lost their whole roof. Wild, how our house was nearly untouched and he got devastated just a few doors down. He shared some of his favorite dining secrets and Dad is going to take Kathy to check one out while I'm out of town. Raymond says that Barnacle Bills has the best Friday night fish and chips in the whole Gulf Coast area. We talked about boating and he says he's partial to sailing, although he's not a boat owner. He told me about a charter in Sarasota that will take you out for 4 hours, $25 per person, and even let you take the helm. Sounds good to me.

I fly out at 4:20 PM eastern tomorrow and will be gone for 9 days.

No comments: