Sunday, November 2, 2008

Catching Up













Phoenix
65 degree morning; beautiful

I arrived late Thursday night. I spent Friday afternoon with my kids, Billy and Stephanie. We went out for great Mexican food (which doesn't exist in FL) and later saw the movie, Eagle Eye. Saturday I spent with my son, Ryan, his wife, Bonnie, and my grandson Ethan. Even though Ethan has only seen me a handful of times in his 20 months, he took to me better than I could have hoped for. We read books, went to the park and I got to rock him to sleep for a nap. That alone was worth my trip.

Saturday I finished week 2 of the C25K running program. I did another double dose to help prepare for week 3, which is going to be tough. My sister says, just wait till you see week 4. She said she is going to repeat all three days of week 4 because it was so tough.

I'm spending today, Sunday, with Heather, Curtis and the other grandboys, Dylan and Devin. We're going to watch my Cardinals face the Rams and Curt's Browns face the Ravens. I fly to Vegas today at 5PM for a Monday meeting.

I posted a couple of pictures from last Thursday. I worked in Longboat Key and had lunch at a nice little hole in the wall along the Intercoastal Waterway. The restuarant is called Del Mar but the locals still refer to it by its former name: The Pub. I enjoyed the lobster bisque, along with an order of smoked fish dip served over whole grain melba toast. MMM tasty.

No comments: