Saturday, January 3, 2009

THE CHASE IS ON

Good Saturday morning to all. It's 5:24 AM, EST, and I'm up to go fishing on Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf of Mexico.

Yesterday I warmed up by completing W1D3 of C25K with my wife. She's starting to do a better jog with every workout. After doing the 60/90 intervals with her over 1.7 miles, I turned the jets up and opened the after burners...oh yeah, baby, I took off at all of five miles an hour. LOL. I ran 3.1 on my own and finished the week strong and healthy, albeit sore. I spent the day installing our Christmas stereo and speakers on the boat; finishing, again, in record time.
Uh huh . . . .I was up till 12:30 AM.

But it's a no run weekend. Southeast winds around 10 knots, Gulf seas 2-3 feet, and a light chop on the harbor. We're looking at 61 degrees right now, with a high of 80 today and tomorrow. Tonight, it's the NFL Playoffs. It's been 10 years since the Arizona Cardinals have been in the tournament. It's been 61 years since they had a home playoff game. Let's go Cards! (Actually, I'll be happy to simply not be blown out like we were on Thanksgiving, Christmas and every other nationally televised game this season).

Warn the Grouper, alert the Snapper. Here I come!

No comments: