Tuesday, September 2, 2008

East bound and down


click to enlarge
Above: Jerry Reed as Snowman (with Fred) in 1977's Smokey and the Bandit

Hampton Inn, Miami
overcast, breezy, upper 80's

I'm on Florida's east coast, working, doing job site audits. After work I arrived at my hotel, ready to get my exercise routine back on track. I did the treadmill for 30 minutes, burned 315 calories, aerobic walking for 1.56 miles. I also did something I haven't done for YEARS AND YEARS. I ate an apple and a banana. I have always avoided fresh fruits because of a feeling of stuck food in my throat. Well, I did it. The apple was just okay (first bite got spit out) but the banana was very tasty. I will have another for breakfast, with some yogurt.

I left home this morning and will be on the Atlantic coast, doing 4 cities in 2 days. I'll get home late Thursday night, wake up Friday and board the house up, mow the lawn and leave by noon to drive to Tampa for a 430 flight to Arizona.

I'm looking forward to our trip back to Phoenix. It will be great to see our 18 month old grandson, Ethan, as well as the twins, Dylan and Devin, who came to see us over the summer. We will also spend time with daughters, Stephanie, Kimber and Heather and sons Sean, Billy and Ryan.

In between all of that, I have to go to southern California for 2 days of meetings. I'm going to need these nightly workouts to maintain my stamina for schedules like this.

A side note: One of my favorites passed over the weekend. To me, Jerry Reed will always be known as "The Snowman" from my favorite movie of all time, Smokey and the Bandit. I bet I have seen that movie 100 times in my youth. I have driven many people crazy by reciting the script while watching it. Jackie Gleason, as Sheriff Bufford T. Justice, of Texas was the BEST!

"Eastbound and down, loadin' up and truckin'
We gonna do what they say can't be done
We gotta long way to go and a short time to get there
I'm eastbound just watching the bandit run........"

Hey Snowman...we'll catch ya on the flip side. "We gone."

No comments: