Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lost and Found

Key Largo
high of 84, raining at sundown

The 12th named storm of the season, Laura, is raining in the middle of the North Atlantic but not bothering anyone. There is still one month left in the 2008 Hurricane season.

My workout routine is going good, as I continue week 5. I weighed in before leaving home and was at 262.5, which is 17.5 pounds down. Yippee! I am holding at 3.4 or 3.5 miles a day, 5 days a week, and feel pretty good about it.

Our yard sale went so good on Saturday that we continued it on Sunday, so I didn't go fishing. My dad is making the final preparations for his trip from AZ to FL. We are looking forward to having him for the winter. My oldest daughter, Kimber, just booked a flight to spend a week with us for Thanksgiving, so that will be great too.

Dedicated readers of this blog might remember me writing about our favorite waitress, April, who used to work at Burnt Store Marina. She reminds me of my daughter Kimber. Well she suddenly moved away from South Florida a few months after we met her and we never knew why. We had taken a real liking to her and were saddened to have lost touch with her. We found out recently that she moved to Utah to help her brother and sister try and get their parents cleaned up, with the help of the A&E documentary show, "Intervention." The episode was shown last night and we recorded it to watch it together when I get home this weekend.

Kathy and I have been missing good TV ever since The Sopranos went off the air. We have decided to use our Netflix account to start watching the ABC series Lost. We have heard so many good things about it that we decided to "find" out what the hype is about "Lost."

No comments: