Thursday, April 17, 2008

2,000 pounds of fish

Marriott Hollywood Beach, near Fort Lauderdale
59 degrees at wakeup; high of 79

I have completed 2 days of Red Cross instructor's school. Today was very hard to stay awake but I made it through. Tomorrow is the last day and I'll be happy to be done. My bride has been hanging out on the beach and taking long naps, which is just what I had in mind for her when I brought her on this trip.

Last night for dinner I found they had a Ft. Lauderdale location of Islamorada Fish Co. Perhaps you read when I ate there in Marathon, in the keys? It is so absolutely fantastic, it's almost unfair. We had smoked wahu dip as an appetizer and shared an entree of garlic grilled shrimp plus terriaki grilled yellow fin tuna. Don't forget the Bimini bread too.

Next door was the International Game Fishermens Association Hall of Fame. They had some awesome statues outside and I really wished we had the camera. Someday, I will return and tour the exibits there. Inside the restaurant they had two 1000 pound blue marlins caught by Guy Harvey. Kathy didn't believe they were real until we saw the plaque posted nearby.

No comments: