Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Just like Bogi and Bacall





71 degrees at wake up on Key Largo


At 8PM, 80 in Port Charlotte




I spent the last 2 days working Miami and Homestead. I stayed last night at a beautiful resort on Key Largo. It was the "Key Largo Resort at Manatee Bay". I had first stopped by the Marriott Resort at Key Largo but found the cheapest room to be 300 per night. I got to the second place and was quoted 159. I thought that was pretty good, since I had paid 199 at the Hampton in Miami and Monday night. Then the desk clerk Key Largo Resort offered me a coupon for a rate of 99 per night. I was thrilled. The room was a very pleasant surprise. They had a beautiful view of the Gulf, via Tarpon Basin. I saw about 8 boats anchored down in the Basin and asked the clerk if these people could stay there for free. He answered yes, and told me they could stay there as long as they want. He pointed at one boat and said the guy has lived out there for about two years. NICE. There is another resort down there that boasts itself as the location where the movie Key Largo was filmed. I don't think I've ever seen that movie. Guess we'll have to rent it.

Work was good. I really like the staff at our Homestead branch. They make me feel so welcome whenever I visit there. It's good to have people appreciate what you bring to the table. I was walking outside at their office, about 630AM feeling a mild mist about the air, when suddenly BAM! it started POURING! I ran inside the office and dried off. I stood in a doorway, watching this torrential downpour. As I was wondering what to do, it stopped as quickly as it had come. Ten minutes of drenching and poof . . . it was gone. I didn't get any rain the rest of the day. That's life in the tropics, huh?

I got a call from the furniture mover and he said he would be at Port Charlotte in the morning, so I had to make an unexpected, but pleasurable, trip home. My bride and I found a new neighbor living just outside the front door of our condo. Here's a picture of the little fella.

Tomorrow I am scheduled to have lunch with my boss, who is visiting from California. We're supposed to meet in Fort Lauderdale, which is 3 hours away from here. I sure hope the mover comes on time.
By the way, update on condo landlord. He signed the notice to vacate and emailed a response to my email, ripping his behavior. He apologize. I'll just be happy with the return of our deposit.

No comments: