Sunday, January 6, 2008

Strap yourself in, this could be a long ride

Kathy and I need to be prepared for the long haul. If that neighbor sells their house for $300k, it's gonna kill my comp. I read the paper today and it's nothing but bad news. The US economy is headed straight south. Gas prices, currently at about 3.08 in South Florida, are predicted to be near 3.80 per gallon by spring. Maybe we should revisit the idea of switching from a power boat to a sail boat. Hell, if we don't sell this house in the next 30 days I can forget about the idea of a boat in 2008.

Perhaps this would be a good spot to start blogging about all the wonderful sights and places I have seen so far, as I start my 6th week in So.Fl.

You see, obviously I took this job and I flew out here on December 3, 2007 to begin. I've been living in hotels and traveling all over the "island" of Florida, as I like to call it. My region covers both the Gulf and Atlantic coasts of the lower half of the peninsula. If you draw a line below Tampa Bay, from left to right, everything below that line is my new area.

No comments: