Monday, January 7, 2008

Wipe that smile off your face

I recall both at take off from Sky Harbor (Phoenix) and upon final approach and landing in Tampa I couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy to be here, to start this new chapter, to launch my adventure.

When I walked from the gates toward the terminal, they have an elevated train you ride to the terminal. When that 30 second train ride emerged outside I felt an instant rush of heat overcome me and I realize it's the humidity. I think it was my imagination, because I haven't felt it since then. I guess this summer will tell if truth is stranger than fiction.

My northern Florida counterpart picked me up at the airport and drove me to pick up my new pickup. On the ride there, as I surveyed the Florida landscape and the waters surrounding Tampa I felt that smile again.

No comments: