Sunday, January 6, 2008

We're gonna need a bigger boat

Kathy and I had talked many times about "someday" selling everything we had except our cleanest dirty shirt and moving aboard. We didn't know how we'd pay for it or even where we'd go, we just talked about how nice it would be to move aboard full time. I always assumed it would be California, simply because of the proximity to Phoenix. Kathy had lived in California for a short time earlier in life and wasn't thrilled at the thought of returning. I assured her that living aboard a yacht would be nothing like living in California and driving on the freeways everyday. She didn't give it much thought because I'm sure she figured it would be a decade or two away, if it happened at all.



When I called her with the Florida idea, I figured she'd say something like, "Are you KIDDING me?" and hang up. Instead she said, "Are YOU kidding me?" She was not only open to the idea, she was downright in favor of it. Our mantra became, "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

No comments: